November 20, 2008

In the continuing saga of "lyrics I hear on the radio and think are weird", I offer the following observations:

1. There's a new song out by Lady Gaga called "Poker face". In the middle of the song, the singers voice is computer altered and I think she's supposed to be saying "poker face" but it sounds an awful lot like "fuck her face".

2. In the song "Bad Girlfriend" by Theory of a Deadman, they censor out the words "ass" and "fuck", which doesn't really surprise me. They also censor out the word "dick" from the phrase "my girlfriend's a dick magnet", which I find strange because "...going down on me in between the sheets" is allowed in another song that's currently getting a lot of airplay.

3. Christina Aguilera has a new song out called "Super girl" that has the lyrics "some days I'm a super bitch". Some days they censor out "bitch" with a weird cartoon hammer sound but other days they let it fly.

1 comment:

Barb said...

I like that you took a new picture of the radio in your car, rather than recycling the one you took for the last time you talked about censoring lyrics.

I wonder if it would be worth it to write a letter to the CRTC and comment on the choice censorship of local radio stations.